Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Your thoughts on having a Midwife/Doula??

My husband and I or maybe just I have decided to have our child at home.
When our son was born we lives in a small community population black- Me.
I loved it there, my doctor whom was also black woman was nice as can be. the urses and staff even our neighbors loved us. We we treated so kind there. Now that were back in the city I see the change an d I hate the doctors and nurses when I have decided to have the baby. At first I thioght that they were racist but I knew that couldn't be it because my sister raved how she loved this doctor she referred me to. I am having the worse time there. My husband feels it too. Now that i know its not the race thing its more that its the mixed thing. One nus=rse have biracial childreen on her desk but is such a cunt to me. I have realized its because my white boy is here w/ me married me and comes to every appt. when her black man won't or didn't. Don't blame me lady blame your sorry ass man.

Anyway, I decided this after watching a doumentary on netflix, "The business of being born"
It changed my mind in such a wonderful way i started crying. I am so happy w/ this baby I want to be happy the entire experience. When I was pregnant w/ Steven I was more hormonal and PPD. I couldn't let my self be happy. Eventhough the hubby and I tried everything what i feel now i never felt being pregnant w/ him. I want to have this child at home w/ just us. I want him involved because he didnt cut the embillical cord nor was offered. I want the same people around while i'm gowing though the entire expreienbce there or around when my child enters the world. I hated that shift changes and the nurse that helped deliver my son was off and wasnt able to bathe him when i saw her trying to but nurse whose shift was here took over comletely.

When we both look back we want something completely different. We are more inlove now than even and bring our son or daughter in this world is more special that one could imagine. I want to hold my child and not be told after we do this, I want my husband & I to really experience birth. And the love that brough her into the world.

2 comments:

  1. I'm an anesthesia resident and will be going into OB anesthesia. As a result I have seen women being rushed to the hospital after an attempted home birth goes horribly wrong. So with a sincere heart my advice is that as long as you have a low risk pregnancy giving birth in a birthing center ran by midwives or at home can be an amazing experience. Always make sure you have a contingency plan in case things get complicated and if God forbid you develop any complications during your pregnancy please find a good hospital that you are comfortable with to have your baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed "The business of being born". Funny I watched that documentary before I even planned or new I was pregnant. I was so ready to give birth at the birthing center but doctors were freaking me out with borderline hypertension scares so I went with another practice. I also took Bradley Classes during my pregnancy. I am so grateful this class put pressure on me to labor as long as I could at home. I was so focused on home labor that until the last hour- not even knowing. But the whole experience really does change when you get to the hospital. So many people are in your face, with their own "job"...therefore your comes last. Thank goodness I didn't labor for long at the hospital because I would have went crazy. All and all it was still a beautiful experience. I didn't have a doula but I did have a midwife through the practice that delivered my baby. My husband did a great job as a coach. I am sure he wanted to do more but just being there was all I needed. Go for it if that is where your heart is. Next time around I would like to go with a birthing center. I have a page on my blog with my birth story if you would like to check it out!

    ReplyDelete

"Keep in mind that i'm an Artist, and i'm sensitive about my Sh*t".

Please leave comments, would love to hear what you think.